cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StorageTek SL500 tape library is not detecting on 5260 Flex appliance.

Khanmoh
Level 3

Hello,

I have connected StorageTek SL500 tape library directly to the flex appliance but it is not detecting. Please confirm it is compatible with 5260 flex appliance or not.

3 REPLIES 3

kiyan
Level 5

when you see it is not being detected, what do you mean? have you mapped the SAN interfaces with your Media appliance?
if yes, Kindly check below post as well:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Appliances/NetBackup-Flex-Appliance-Tape-Library/td-p/903580

We have two tape libraries SL150 and SL500 and there are two 32 G Dual port FC cards installed. I have connected tape libraries directly to the appliance instead of SAN switch. We have successfully installed SL 150 tape library but now I'm trying to install SL500 tape library that has 3 FC ports, but in appliance only two 32 G ports are available. But robot is not visible for me, for testing I tried to connect 3 cables after removing 1 cable from SL150 but results are same robot is not visible only tape drives are visible for me. Kindly assist on it.                 

I have attached Flex appliance and Storage Tek Sl500 tape library cable connectivity pic. There are three FC cables in tape library, two cables for tape drives and one cable for robot/library. All three cables connected to the appliance  but on flex appliance fiber channel tab only two ports are showing up. Anyone please suggest how robot/tape library will detect because only tape drives are detecting on NetBackup.