cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut removal

MRWALLEYE
Level 3

I am trying to remove all shortcuts for a mailbox. Yesterday I set up a new provisioning group and mailbox policy to remove shortcuts after 1 day.  I also stopped archiving with shortcuts. However in 3 mailboxes I have tested there are all shortcuts remaining on the archiving report. However there are no shortcuts that I can find in the mailboxes themselves.

Any ideas why the report might show there are 751 shortcuts but none exist in the mailbox?

3 REPLIES 3

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Well, they might be 'hidden'. The archiving report I believe checks all folders, but checking the mailbox will not show you items in the dumpster. They might be in the deleted items also.

You should be able to search the mailbox for messageclass "EnterpriseVault.Shortcut" (if I recall correct). also, that script Tonaco points you to is good. That will for sure remove all shortcuts. 

Regards. Gertjan

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

there are also EnterpriseVault.Shortcut Elements that are not deleted, you have to add them in the registry if I remember correctly. It has been some time I last checked