Forum Discussion

AndrejD
Level 4
10 years ago

Backupexec 2010 R3 Exchange backup problem

I have problem with backing up Exchange, the job fails with different errors every day.

Here are the latest errors:

V-79-57344-891 - Using the job settings, Backup Exec attempted to back up the passive copy of the Exchange database. However, the passive copy was not available after the Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot was performed. Try to run the job again.

V-79-57344-915 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options.  The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file:  '-528 The current log file is missing. '

V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options.  The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file:  '-543 The required log files for recovery are missing. '

V-79-57344-862 - The Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft Exchange was not used to create the last full backup of this database.  You must use the Exchange Agent to run a full backup before you run a differential or incremental backup.

V-79-57344-891 - Using the job settings, Backup Exec attempted to back up the passive copy of the Exchange database. However, the passive copy was not available after the Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot was performed. Try to run the job again.

V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options.  The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file:  '-543 The required log files for recovery are missing. '

This is for the same job backing up same exchange. I didnt change any settings on Backupexec. The backupexec is updated.
I can`t find the reason for this failures.

Dont ask me why forum thinks this are links... 

5 Replies

• What is the version of Exchange ? And what is configured (LCR, DAG etc ?)

Do ensure AOFO is disabled for the Exchange backup and if you have any other application running a backup of Exchange, do ensure it does not conflict with Full & Incr/Diff backups made by BE.

• I tried to run with AOFO disabled and it completed without errors. I will monitor backups for one week before I can say that disabling AOFO fixed my problem.

• Would recommend to log a formal case so that an engineer can have a look @ your setup (and debug if needed) and figure out what's going wrong.