Forum Discussion

17 years ago

License Key Problems

Hello,

I have Symantec Back-Up Exec 11d, installed on the server, the software was on evaluation mode for 60 days whilst I have been waiting for the license keys from DELL. The evaluation date has past and i have my keys.
I am inputing the keys from "License Keys and Installation", i then run through the wizard and input the keys, then i am getting  to the installation review page, this is where i am pressing "Install". I am not quite sure why there is a need for me to intsall anything as back-up exec is already installed on the server. 
When click install i get the message:-

“The feature you are trying to user is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available, Insert the Symantec Back-Up Exec for Windows Servers disk and click OK”

I then insert the Symantec disk and browse to "Symantec Back-Up Exec for windows servers.msi" then click OK.

I now get a message saying:

“The file F:\INNT\INSTALL\BE\Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers.msi is not a valid installation package for the product Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers. Try to find the installation package Symantec Backup Exec for windows servers.msi in a folder from which you can install Symantec backup exec for windows servers.”

I am inserting the correct disk although i a not sure why it is asking for the disk and i am also inserting the correct license keys.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

No RepliesBe the first to reply