Forum Discussion

17 years ago

Complaince Accelerator searches with wild cards (*).

I just upgraded a customer from CA 6.0 SP2 to CA 2007 SP2. Before anyone says that's an unsupported upgrade, I did an interim upgrade to CA 7.0 SP2 before I got them on 2007 SP2.

Anyway, when the customer was on CA 6.0 SP2, they used a hot word lists with wild cards, *.  Now when I try to run a search with those sames hot wordsI got an invalid character error and the searches never start. Searches with no wild cards run fine. I'm assuming wild cards are no longer allowed in CA but I need confirmation on that.

Can someone in Symantec confirm this for me and maybe give me a reason why it's changed? Thanks.

• Why would you assume that?  The documentation even covers how to use it:

You can append a wildcard character to the end of the word or phrase to represent other characters. An asterisk (*) represents zero or more characters. A question mark (?) represents exactly one character.

I recommend you open a case with support as this sounds like a similiar issue that came about with hotwords and apostrophes.

Regards,

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Why would you assume that?  The documentation even covers how to use it:

You can append a wildcard character to the end of the word or phrase to represent other characters. An asterisk (*) represents zero or more characters. A question mark (?) represents exactly one character.

I recommend you open a case with support as this sounds like a similiar issue that came about with hotwords and apostrophes.

Regards,

• Tony,

I think I think I have the Hotwords-apsdtrophes issue in CA2007SP2. Do you know the fix for that? Or... Should Tech Support be contacted?

Words like can´t, don´t are seen as invalid words when creating a search and they are displayed with double apostrophe in the error message window (can´´t, don´´t, etc.) 

Regards,

• Looks like sp3 has your fix, from the updates.htm

When you defined the criteria for a new search, Compliance Accelerator did not permit you to add a hotword that contained an apostrophe (').

Cheers,

• Tony,

Just wanted to thank you. I Upgraded to CASP3 and now hot words search works fine.

Thanx,

Jose Luis