Forum Discussion

Whiskyman
Level 3
16 years ago

Cant enable users since mbx's moved

Hello everyone, I have a beauty of a problem.  Here it is:

We used to have an exchange 2007 server (with 0 mailboxes), but decided not to go ahead with the migration.  So we removed exchange 2007 from our organisation and replaced the 2007 server with a 2003 server - and gave it the same name as the decommisioned 2007 box.

We migrated mailboxes from another, old out of warranty Exchange 2003 server onto the new 2003 server mentioned above.

Now, whenever I try and enable a mailbox on the new server for archiving using the EV admin console, the filter says "no mailboxes found"

Should I delete the old exchange 2007 server from the EV tree and try adding it back in again? ( when it was added, it was a 2007 box, now it's 2003 server) and if so is this safe?

Any help greatly appreciated!

• Yes, re-add it.

You need a System Mailbox on this exchange server.

I suspect you deleted the 2007 System Mailbox.

Cheers

Michel

5 Replies

• Yes, re-add it.

You need a System Mailbox on this exchange server.

I suspect you deleted the 2007 System Mailbox.

Cheers

Michel

•  

Thanks very much michel thats great.  Can I ask what permissions the system mailbox will need over my exchange org, or server.  Also - do I need to set up an outlook profile for this mailbox anywhere?

Cheers!

• Hi

This mailbox does not need any special permission.

Just a (new) user mailbox, which is used exclusively by Enterprise Vault.

You don't need an outlook profile, too.

Cheers

Michel

• thanks very much for the info - we are a whisky manufacturer in Scotland and the chap that done most of the EV implementation is working for another company now so you;ve came to the rescue for us!

I have just added it back in, pointed it towards my system mailbox and then manually ran the provisioning task.  I can now see all the mailboxes and have enabled the one that was urgent.

Thanks again!

Graham.

• You're welcome.

PM me if you want my address to send over a Whisky ;)

Just kidding!

Glad it helped.

Cheers

Michel