Forum Discussion

tolinrome1
Level 5
14 years ago

Evault 9.0 - unable to delete archived item

Hello,

I upgraded recently from 8.5 to 9.0.1 and for a few users (so far) have reported thatthey cannot delete archived items. The error message is:

"Unable to delete the archived item Access is denied" Do you want to delete just the shortcut?"

I verified that on the properties of the archived mailbox the bill usage is to the account its self and on the permissions tab it has grant for read, write and delete.

How can I give permissions for these users to delete archived items?

Thanks!

• I was logged on with another account trying ot delete another user's archived email. Once I gave that specific account permissions to delete the email the problem was solved.

3 Replies

• So couple of things

1. Can they delete from Archive Explorer or through Search.asp?
    2. Do you get any errors in the event logs when they attempt to delete?
    3. Is Enterprise Vault in Backup or Read Only Mode?
    4. Is the Retention Category the items are in allowed to delete? (go to the properties of the retention category and make sure that it doesn't have the check box checked saying that users cannot delete from this retention category)
    5. Is the site properties set so that users are allowed to delete from their archives?

• I was logged on with another account trying ot delete another user's archived email. Once I gave that specific account permissions to delete the email the problem was solved.