Forum Discussion

15 years ago

Is there a way to increase the timeout period when opening an archived attachment?

I have a site with low bandwidth. When a user tries to open an archived attachment in an email the operation times out. Is there a reg key that controls the timeout period for opening archived items or attachments. I've done this in the past for Outlook Web Access by editing the web.config file in my exchange client access servers, but I don't think this affects the full outlook client.
  • Increase the timeout values for IIS (Default Web Site) and ASP.NET by following the instructions below.

1. On the EV server, open IIS Manager
    2. Expand the "Web Sites" container.
    3. Right Click on the "Default Web Site" and select "Properties"
    4. Under the "Web Site" tab, in the "Connections" field, increase the "Connection Timeout:" value to 600 seconds, and Click "OK".
    5. Right Click on the "EnterpriseVault" virtual web site, and select "Properties"
    6. Click on the "ASP.NET" tab
    7. Click the "Edit Configuration" button
    8. Click on the "Application" tab
    9. Increase the "Request execution timeout (seconds):" value to 600 and Click "OK"
    10. Go to START - RUN - SERVICES.MSC
    11. Restart the IIS Admin Service

1 Reply

• Increase the timeout values for IIS (Default Web Site) and ASP.NET by following the instructions below.

1. On the EV server, open IIS Manager
    2. Expand the "Web Sites" container.
    3. Right Click on the "Default Web Site" and select "Properties"
    4. Under the "Web Site" tab, in the "Connections" field, increase the "Connection Timeout:" value to 600 seconds, and Click "OK".
    5. Right Click on the "EnterpriseVault" virtual web site, and select "Properties"
    6. Click on the "ASP.NET" tab
    7. Click the "Edit Configuration" button
    8. Click on the "Application" tab
    9. Increase the "Request execution timeout (seconds):" value to 600 and Click "OK"
    10. Go to START - RUN - SERVICES.MSC
    11. Restart the IIS Admin Service