Forum Discussion

guv1972
Level 3
13 years ago

Upgrading SQL server 2008 to SQL2008 SP2 for Evault

We are running EVault 9.02 and have backend database has sql server 2008.  The evault servers and database servers are on virtual machines.

I want to update the sql server 2008 to sql 2008 service pack 2 on the database server, and want to know if there is a procedure for this or what the impact is.  Is there a roll back plan.  I dont think it would cause an issue.

But I assume while installing SP2 users will not be able to archive as there is a reboot involved.  But they have their cache enabled so they should be able to access their current archive items.

Also is it better to stop the evault services while we upgrade the sql servers.

Also i take its best to take a backup of the databases and snapshot of the database server before we upgrade the database server.

Can you confirm this and if there are any relevant steps.

Thanks

• Stop all enterprise vault services, then backup your databases then perform the upgrade That's really all there is to it, do you have a SQL admin or DBA? Should be pretty straight forward for them

1 Reply

• Stop all enterprise vault services, then backup your databases then perform the upgrade That's really all there is to it, do you have a SQL admin or DBA? Should be pretty straight forward for them