Forum Discussion

Rax2473
Level 3
13 years ago

Vault archives mails in lesser time than was originally set

Hi, 

In my company, we have set the policy for the user as such ; 

The archiving process is run automatically twice a day and will interrogate the mailbox to see what requires archiving.
The archiving is based upon very specific criteria and will archive from as many mailboxes as possible during the archive period.

• Archives items older than 90 days that have been read - it will archive items larger than 2mb first and then smaller items.
  • Archives items larger than 2mb that are read and have been in the mailbox for 2 weeks (will not wait for 90 days)
  • If the mailbox gets to 70% of it's quota will archive enough emails to take the user's mailbox below the Quota (read emails only, largest items first and then smaller items)

Unfortunately - the issue here is that the user is having all his mails which are read, being archived every 14 days and that is not dependant on the mail size. 

I am attaching the detailed EVCLIENT log. Could you please help me understand the issue out here and the possible resolution so that mails are archived according to the 90 day policy that we have for automatic archiving. 

His mailbox is well within the limit as well. 

Thanks,

Rakesh Sebastian

Infrastructure Engineer

IT Operations

• what combination of settings did you configure to achieve this? "Archives items larger than 2mb that are read and have been in the mailbox for 2 weeks (will not wait for 90 days)"

i believe the setting you're talking about is "start with items larger than" which means it will target those items first but it will keep going.

also, what combination of settings did you configure to achieve: "If the mailbox gets to 70% of it's quota will archive enough emails to take the user's mailbox below the Quota" ?

the setting for quota based archiving defines how much available space the mailbox will have once archiving is done. in other words, archive items until each mailbox has that percentage of mailbox storage limit free. so if you have it set to 70% and your quota is 100MB then it will go until the mailbox is 30MB in size.

2 Replies

• So the user mailbox is under the quota?

Can you do a run now against that users mailbox and post the report here?

• what combination of settings did you configure to achieve this? "Archives items larger than 2mb that are read and have been in the mailbox for 2 weeks (will not wait for 90 days)"

i believe the setting you're talking about is "start with items larger than" which means it will target those items first but it will keep going.

also, what combination of settings did you configure to achieve: "If the mailbox gets to 70% of it's quota will archive enough emails to take the user's mailbox below the Quota" ?

the setting for quota based archiving defines how much available space the mailbox will have once archiving is done. in other words, archive items until each mailbox has that percentage of mailbox storage limit free. so if you have it set to 70% and your quota is 100MB then it will go until the mailbox is 30MB in size.