Forum Discussion

13 years ago

NB 5020 Rail Install

So I just got a couple of 5020 appliances and was getting ready to rack them when I opened the boxes for the rails.  While I am no expert in rail installs this isn't my first one either.  I can't find any directions or pictures of the rails installed.  If anyone has some pictures or guidance I can do the rest.

• So I was able to figure it out after a little bit. 

First, there are more parts then you need.  Some of this is due to the fact that there are different type of racks.  Secondly, there are parts for both a 2U 5000 unit and a 4u 5020.

For those who may need assitance in the future,

Both the front and back side of the raid sits completely inside the rack with guide pins to help align to the rack.  Once the back is on, it uses 2 screws to stay in place.  On the front, there are 2 pairs of black brackes that will go on. On is 2u in height and the other is 4u in height.  Use the 1 appropriate for your unit. Once aligned there is 1 screw that will hold the bracket in place.  If using the 4u guide you will also install a nut behind it on the lowest slot of the 4th slot.

After all this is done, you will install the appliance and use the remaining screws to fasten the unit to the bracket (2 for each side on the 5020 appiance).

Hope this helps someone.

1 Reply

• So I was able to figure it out after a little bit. 

First, there are more parts then you need.  Some of this is due to the fact that there are different type of racks.  Secondly, there are parts for both a 2U 5000 unit and a 4u 5020.

For those who may need assitance in the future,

Both the front and back side of the raid sits completely inside the rack with guide pins to help align to the rack.  Once the back is on, it uses 2 screws to stay in place.  On the front, there are 2 pairs of black brackes that will go on. On is 2u in height and the other is 4u in height.  Use the 1 appropriate for your unit. Once aligned there is 1 screw that will hold the bracket in place.  If using the 4u guide you will also install a nut behind it on the lowest slot of the 4th slot.

After all this is done, you will install the appliance and use the remaining screws to fasten the unit to the bracket (2 for each side on the 5020 appiance).

Hope this helps someone.