Forum Discussion

D_Flood's avatar
D_Flood
Level 6
12 years ago

restore gives NBU status of 830 and NBJM error of 2001

I'm trying to restore an older tape for a SOX audit...I can read the tape using the "tape contents" report but everything else throws errors.  I can't even bpexpdate -d 0 it (planning to then re-import it) without an error.

 

I've checked the tape drive type (HCART) and the tape type (HCART).  The only change that has happened between creation and now is that the media server's Windows name (not DNS name) changed from commnbpkmedia1 to commnbkpmedia1 (the letters p and k were reversed) (it actually had dns entries for both names to the same IP address).  I think I moved all the tape ownership over at the name change time.

 

Both master and media servers are W2k8 R2 running 7.1.0.4.  The media server has a 1x8 LTO4 changer attached.

 

So..do I need to call in to get help for this?

 

  • Turns out that a temporary "fix" that I'd done in conjuction with Tech Support caused the appliance database (yes, there's a database inside the appliance) to stop funtioning.  I reverted the fix and all the old data was again accessable.

    Its so nice to be on the cutting edge where not even the accepted "fixes" are fully understood for their ramifications.

     

1 Reply

  • Turns out that a temporary "fix" that I'd done in conjuction with Tech Support caused the appliance database (yes, there's a database inside the appliance) to stop funtioning.  I reverted the fix and all the old data was again accessable.

    Its so nice to be on the cutting edge where not even the accepted "fixes" are fully understood for their ramifications.