Forum Discussion

C__Bryant
Level 3
10 years ago

Accelerator track jounals not renaming after backup

Has anyone seen an issue where the Accelerator track journal is not dropping the clientname_ctime info after the backup is complete?

This appears to be only on my Windows clients (2003, 2008, 2012) running 7.6.0.2 or above.  The file will still end in .dat.clientname_ctime instead of just .dat, which causes the next backup to think there is no track journal present.

I haven't opened a case yet, because I really don't have the patience to deal with them and all the logs and all the BS just to find out its a known bug fixed in 7.6.1.x or something.  My biggest issue is that I have a lot of remote servers that run for a VERY long time, and this is just a giant pain.

And the big mystery is it's not all of my clients.  Many of them work just fine.  I'm wondering if it's a problem with any job that doesn't complete in a single attempt.

• Could be an issue with NetBackup Client Service account on these clients.

Try to change the account logon to a domain account with write permissions on all files/folders.

Other than this - log a call.... sorry....

1 Reply

• Could be an issue with NetBackup Client Service account on these clients.

Try to change the account logon to a domain account with write permissions on all files/folders.

Other than this - log a call.... sorry....