Forum Discussion

quebek
3 years ago

Anomalies detection - is there a command to get this number

Hello

Is anyone aware of any command to get the anomalies count? This is visible when we do login to webui - but having a lot of domains it is cumbersome - thus I was thinking to alert me when this number is greater than 0 with email or in some other way.

10 Replies

• how about Opscenter? or a script using bpdbjobs command ?

davidmoline
      Level 6

Hi quebek 

I can't find an  API call available to help but the fact it is in the WebUI implies it must have one. I'll ask. 

THere are also new log directories under the netbackup log dir (nbanomaly*). If you upgraded from an earlier version it is possible that these do not exist (unless you reran the mklogdir command). Thesee log files may also provide the information you are after. 

The database used by the process is a SQLLite one, so if you are proficient at extracting information from this, you could always see what you can see (I have no information on the schema, so you would be on your own). 

Cheers
      David 

davidmoline
        Level 6

Hi quebek 

Following up from my previous post - NetBackup 10 has some new API calls that deal with anomaly detection and reporting. Not sure if this helps you in the short term, but something to work towards.

I'm unable to find anything in earlier NetBackup versions yet (but if I do I'll let you know).

Cheers
        David

quebek

Hi Hamza_H 

I did not find anywhere neither in OpsC nor bpdbjobs anything related to anomalies... But these should be posted to OpsC - my take.... davidmoline any idea as to why these are not posted to OpsC or I am missing here some knowledge. it would be wise to see on overview page these numbers.... 

davidmoline
        Level 6

Hi Gents

I think the simple answer is that there is no new development happening with OpsCenter. It is being maintained but that's about it. Nor could I find any mention of tables relating to anomaly detection in the schema for OpsCenter version 10.

As part of NetBackup 10 one of the new features available is Integrated IT analytics foundation (which is some of the Aptare analyics product). This is the direction I understand reporting is heading rather than OpsCenter. Have a look at the datasheet for the new version Veritas NetBackup 10 Data Sheet 

Hope this helps
        David