Forum Discussion

13 years ago

How to perform the restore from replicated image ( AIR )

hi all,

i am looking for a solution \ step by step process to perform the restore from the replicated image.

For ex: I have backed up server1 on NBUDM1 MSDP then replicated image using AIR to NBUDM2 MSDP.

If my NBUDM1 MSDP is down how to recoved the data of server1 from NBUDM2 MSDP.

Thanks for sharing your ideas in advance,

Rgds

Sid

• The data of server1 will have been imported into the catalog on NBUDM2

So just like any restore open the BAR GUI, select NBUDM2 as the server, server1 as the source client and select a destination client on that domain to restore the files to.

It should then open like any other backup

If you actually need to restore back to server1 then it will need NBUDM2 adding as a Server / Media Server in its server list and you will have to be able to do the reverse lookup acroos the two sites to actually perform the restore

Hope this helps

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • The data of server1 will have been imported into the catalog on NBUDM2

So just like any restore open the BAR GUI, select NBUDM2 as the server, server1 as the source client and select a destination client on that domain to restore the files to.

It should then open like any other backup

If you actually need to restore back to server1 then it will need NBUDM2 adding as a Server / Media Server in its server list and you will have to be able to do the reverse lookup acroos the two sites to actually perform the restore

Hope this helps