Forum Discussion

js88699
Level 5
13 years ago

Looking for Documentation for Windows 7.x client

All,

I've found in both the UNIX and Windows installation about the consolidation of the UNIX package to install all the add-ons and agents.  I can't find this same thing about the Windows client.  Was this done in a previous version for WIndows?  We have someone complaining about how we did our installs (Install 7.0 then installed the 7.1.0.2 patches) and won't rest until we can prove we did it right.  I just need to see in a piece of Symantec Documentation that the windows client install has all that stuff in it by default.  Thanks all, you guys are the best.

• Finally found it!!!

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO41842

This video is Installing the NetBackup 6.5 Exchange Agent on Windows. Please note that with any Windows client install all of the database agents are, in fact, installed. Thus, this video is no different than a standard NetBackup 6.5 client installation.

4 Replies

• I know they are, I need something in writing that does explicitly say they are.  It's part of the crazy environment I'm working in.

• Agents and options have been part of standard NBU client on Windows for as long as I've known NetBackup.

I have had a look at NBU 6.5 and 5.1 Installation Guides for WIndows - not even documented there...

The older agent manuals said that the agent is included in Server and Client software.

Extract from 5.0 SQL Admin Guide:

NetBackup for SQL Server is installed with the server and client software. To use this
    agent you need to register a valid license key for it on the master or media server.

• Finally found it!!!

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO41842

This video is Installing the NetBackup 6.5 Exchange Agent on Windows. Please note that with any Windows client install all of the database agents are, in fact, installed. Thus, this video is no different than a standard NetBackup 6.5 client installation.