Forum Discussion

5 years ago

NBU Catalog takes long to complete

Good day,

We noticed that our catalog backup (incr) included takes about 2 hours to complete. We run a full every morning at 6am. Our catalog is around 230GB with incremental that runs every 6 hours after that. The size of the inc is around 9gb in size.

The full backup takes just over 80 mins to complete on average while the inc takes about 100mins to complete. The issue is that during this time our tlog jobs go into a queued state and cannot run adn we have 5 mins tlog jobs as well. 

From the job details in can see that the data processes but then just hangs on image validation.

On the media servers i can see that bptm/bprm completes and that on the master server bpbkar32 is still running. 

Thanks in advance. 

7 Replies

• Do you have bpbkar log folder on the master server? 
    Please increase logging level on the master to 3, then check bpbkar log after the next incremental backup. 

If you want us to have a look at bpbkar log, please copy the log to bpbkar.txt and upload as attachment, along with job details. 

You should not have any jobs going into queued state because of this - unless there is a resource issue. 

Please share text in Job details of queued job. 

Maverick101
      Level 4

I have the required folders and have set the log level to 3. 

Yes, we dont have resource issues as thats how i noticed the issue, that we would have no job running besides a few replication jobs and then all our tlogs jobs would go into a queued state with very little activity on the master server. 

I then noticed on the Catalog job details when the Image validation runs all jobs go into a queued state 

16 Apr 2020 4:19:34 PM - Info bptm (pid=10248) waited for full buffer 4572 times, delayed 13726 times
      16 Apr 2020 4:19:37 PM - Info bptm (pid=10248) EXITING with status 0 <----------
      16 Apr 2020 5:08:08 PM - Info bpbrm (pid=14796) validating image for client CBNBMGT1001
      16 Apr 2020 5:33:40 PM - Info bpbkar32 (pid=1084) done. status: 0: the requested operation was successfully completed
      16 Apr 2020 5:33:40 PM - end writing; write time: 1:17:47
      the requested operation was successfully completed  (0)

Now this validation takes on average i have seen about 30-40 minutes. I will share the bpbkar32 log soon as well. 

Marianne
        Level 6

Can you show us job details of the queued job?