Forum Discussion

AbdullahMS
Level 3
13 years ago

NDMP restore successful but no files restored

I'm trying to restore a directory from an NDMP backup. Every time I try, the restoration job is successful but no files are restored. I tried restoring to the same volume and to a different one as well but nothing. I found a discussion here that suggested disabling DAR but it did not help either.

Restoring another directory from the same image worked fine.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

• I have see this several times and normaly data ends up in the Filer root directory check that probably your filer OS is running out of space.

5 Replies

• You did not mention your NDMP device type.

Some of them do not allow restore to a different path, only to original path.

See NDMP Appliance Information: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH31885 for capabilities of your NAS device.

• It's NetApp. Anyway, I always restore to a different path so I know it's not the problem. This is the first time this happened. What's confusing me is that it reports the job successful.

• Hi,

I have the same issue when I try to restore folder, but whe I try to restore individual file it restores file with 0 Kbyte size.

• I have see this several times and normaly data ends up in the Filer root directory check that probably your filer OS is running out of space.

• Hi Omar,

Thanks a lot! It was really out of space ot the filler.