Forum Discussion

liuyang
Level 6
13 years ago

restore by media server

Hi, my master server is NBU 7.1 on Windows 2008 R2. I just added a UNIX media server (AIX 6.1, NBU 7.1). The backups run OK. However, when I do restore, I found the restore job will automatically select the media server as the restore server. I think it is incorrect. I thought NBU will use the orginal backup server to do the restore. Is there any settings that need to change? Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

• I thought NBU will use the orginal backup server to do the restore

That's correct.

Make sure no other servers are specified as alternate servers under Media Host Override.

You can find it under general server host properties of master server.

• The default for tape restores has ALWAYS been to be done by the server that has done the backup. There are several ways to override this default (FORCE_RESTORE... entries, changing media ownership, changing image ownership) but they all require manual intervention. If this is OST, NBU uses 'load balancing' logic for restores. This can be changed. Please let us know if this is tape or OST. Please also ensure in the meantime that you have bprd log on the master. Restart NBU Request service after creating the folder.
  • Thanks for your replies. We try to restore from disk (PureDisk, NBU appliance). In this case, how to enable it to restore by using the original backup server?