Forum Discussion

13 years ago

shared storage netbackup

Dear,

i want to use a shared storage on netbackup media server, are that help to reduce the mount of tape drives that used in backup? and if i have host A and host B and use shared storage option, are host A still media server for itself and host B also.

Thank you... 

• If a media server fails it should not affect the other media servers access to the tape drives

If there is a problem and a drive goes down due to an error or needing cleaning it will be down for both media servers

Hope this helps

4 Replies

• The shared storage option allows you to share tape drives between media servers

So if your tape drives are fibre attached you can zone both media servers into the fibre to see all of the drives then both of the media servers can use them when they are needed and are free

Hope this helps

• Thank you for reply Mr.Mark_solutions,

really that's help me, but if one of the host failed are the tape drives will effect or failed to other hosts?

• If a media server fails it should not affect the other media servers access to the tape drives

If there is a problem and a drive goes down due to an error or needing cleaning it will be down for both media servers

Hope this helps