Forum Discussion

Ramamola
Level 4
13 years ago

Status 607 on Synthetic Backup

Good Morning,

I have problems with synthetic backups.

i made a normal full backup, but omits several files ".Xls", after, active the synthetic backup, make the copy but show me the error 607.

Is there any way we can make a synthetic backup with omissions
 in the previous copy?

Many Thanks

• Sorry for the explanation.

The problem is I made one full backup but skip files. Immediately after, I make a synthetic copy. And netbackup show me status 607.

if made later two normal incremental backup, the synthetic backup will make correctly?

thanks

5 Replies

• Could you clarify a little please

From your description it sounds like you ran a full backup (which skipped files) and then tried to run a Synthetic which failed

This is not possible as you must run an Incremental backup before you can run the Synthetci backup

Please clarify and give as much detail as possible (NBU Versions, full details of job, logs etc.)

Thanks

• Sorry for the explanation.

The problem is I made one full backup but skip files. Immediately after, I make a synthetic copy. And netbackup show me status 607.

if made later two normal incremental backup, the synthetic backup will make correctly?

thanks

• Yes - a synthetic need a full and at least 1 incremental to be possible

Try running the incremental and then the Synthetic - I dont think the skipped files will stop it from working

• You need at least ONE incremental backup before trying Synthetic full:

NetBackup status code: 607
    Explanation: The database query to obtain the images to synthesize for the given
    policy did not return any images.
    Recommended Action: Ensure that a synthetic full backup has one full image
    (real or synthetic) and one or more subsequent incremental images (differential
    or cumulative) to synthesize. For a cumulative synthetic backup, there must be
    two or more incremental (differential or cumulative) images to synthesize. Adjust
    your schedules so the appropriate backup jobs complete successfully before the
    synthetic job is run. The scheduler does not retry a synthetic backup job that fails
    with this error code.