Forum Discussion

Jon_Sumida
Level 5
14 years ago

6c8f17e7 - job still in progress issues

I have some clients that skipped their backups over the holiday (Mon) and they are showing this error:

Error EBAB03F1: Operation aborted.
Info 6C8F17E7: An automatic recovery point was not created because an earlier recovery point from the same job was still in progress.
Details:
Source: Backup Exec System Recovery

I've seen this happen when a backup job was still in progress, but this isn't the case for these machines. Checking the logs, I find the previously mentioned entry, then the next one in line states:

Info 6C8F1F7E: A scheduled incremental recovery point of drive C:\ was created successfully.
Details:
Source: Backup Exec System Recovery

First one is dated 5/30/2011 11:00PM, which is the normally scheduled time. The second log entry is dated 5/27/2011 11:06PM.  This was Friday night. My backup policy is set to skip running on weekends. So everything looks good after Friday night according to the log and then last night it skips the backup because it thinks a job was still in progress. Note that pm 5/27/2011 11:00PM there is another entry that states a job was still in progress, but ths backup job is reported as finishing successfully afterwards.

Not sure why this is happening all of a sudden, but I have multiple users with the same issue now.

15 Replies