cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API to list available backup for give VMWare client

Having hard time to find a api that would list all the available restorable backup for a given vmware client. 

I tried using the below two 

/recovery/workloads/vmware/instant-access-mounts?$filter=clientName eq 'VMWare Client'
/recovery/workloads/vmware/instant-access-mounts

Both gets me the empty output but am sure there are many restorable backups for the select client and just api is not retriving the data.

8 Replies

Re: API to list available backup for give VMWare client

Wouldn't you just look at the /catalog/vmware-images and add filters to your GET call.

Fairly certain /recovery/ is to actually to a recovery/restore or query about existing instant recovery VM's/mounts

Thanks for the response, Since am not a backup admin and this is the first time am working with this api it would be helpful for me to get more info. GET call on VMWare image api just got the below output. Not sure what am I missing here. It would be helpful if I can be provided with the correct api that would list all the restorable backup of the VM

{
    "data": [],
    "meta": {
        "pagination": {
            "offset"0,
            "count"0,
            "limit"10
        }
    }
}

This one seems to be getting only the latest one, How do I get all the available list ?

netbackup/catalog/latest-vmware-images?filter=vmDisplayName eq 'VM Name'

This might help some one.

/catalog/latest-vmware-images?filter=vmDisplayName eq 'VM Name'   > From output of the command get the ID

/catalog/images/{ID from above api}/contents -> from output of the command get the request number

catalog/images/contents/{request number from above} -> output will be list of all the backup available for the machine

I don't know if this is a long way of doing it. If any simple way will be happy to konw. 

Thanks to Krutons

You could change the page limit from the default value of 10 to a higher number, a number that would show you all the backups for that client.

I was able to use the below api and get the list of all available backup for the vm

netbackup/catalog/vmware-images?filter=vmDisplayName eq 'VM Name'

but when I try to restore the vm with the below

/netbackup/recovery/workloads/vmware/scenarios/full-vm/recover

am getting json error, Am I using the correct one for vm full restore ?

When you make that API call for /netbackup/recovery/workloads/vmware/scenarios/full-vm/recover

What info are you inputting into that call besides client name? Fairly certain (haven't tried to tinkered with this) but you need more info than just the client name.