cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Upgrade to 10.0.4 Compliance Accelerator is seeing 10.0.3 binaries

nirender
Level 3

I upgraded CA and DA to 10.0.4 and all was well and then upgraded Enterprise Vault to 10.0.4.  Though the accelerator service starts I get errors when the client attempts to retrieve instances

A problem occured while retrieving the list of instances from 'server' localhost.  The Accelerator service is either not running or the server could not be contacted.

The event viewer has the following two entries

Event ID 201

APP Undefined - Initialisation of the Accelerator Manager Failed. System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'KVS.EnterpriseVault.ProcessManagement, Version=10.0.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=26c5e2ccf2b9267c' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

File name: 'KVS.EnterpriseVault.ProcessManagement, Version=10.0.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=26c5e2ccf2b9267c' ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'KVS.EnterpriseVault.ProcessManagement, Version=10.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=26c5e2ccf2b9267c' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

File name: 'KVS.EnterpriseVault.ProcessManagement, Version=10.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=26c5e2ccf2b9267c'

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

at KVS.Accelerator.Server.Manager..ctor(ApplicationStartup Force_AS, ApplicationStartup Force_ATM, ApplicationStartup Force_Analytics)

at KVS.Accelerator.Server.Manager..ctor()

at KVS.Accelerator.Server.AcceleratorManager.OnStart(String[] args)

Event ID 203

APP Undefined - Error when stopping the Accelerator Manager Service. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at KVS.Accelerator.Server.AcceleratorManager.OnStop()

As per control panel the versions of software installed are

CA 10.04.1060 (install date 23/10/2013)

EV 10.04.1189 (install date 12/03/2014)

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

It sounds like one or more of the EV binaries did not properly register on the CA server or the EV upgrade failed to replace one or more files.  Presuming CA is installed on its own standalone server (i.e., has no EV services installed other than the EV Admin Service), I recommend the following action while logging onto the CA server as the Vault Service Account (VSA):

1. Stop the Enterprise Vault Accelerator Manager Service (EVAMS).
  2. Uninstall CA.
  3. Uninstall EV.
  4. Delete the KVS registry key (HKLM\Software\SysWOW6432Node\KVS).
  5. Make a copy of the KVS registry key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SysWOW6431Node\KVS)
  6. Rename the CA installation folder (i.e., set 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault Business Accelerator' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault Business Accelerator Old').
  7. Rename the EV installation folder (i.e., set 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault Old').
  8. In IIS Manager, delete the EVAcceleratorAppPool application pool as well as all EV and CA related virtual directories under the Default Web Site (these will all be rebuilt later).
  9. Boot the server.
  10. After the server comes back up, install the EV 10.0.4 binaries (i.e., run the EV 10.0.4 Setup.exe, but don't configure anything other than setting the EV Admin Service startup to Disabled).
  11. Boot the server again.
  12. After the server comes back up again, install CA 10.0.4.
  13. When CA is installed, access the EVBAAdmin site (http://localhost/EVBAAdmin).  You'll need to configure that site again by entering the SQL Server name (and instance if appropriate) hosting the CA Configuration database, the name of the CA Configuration database, and select the option to use the existing database.  If you need the name of the SQL Server and / or CA Configuration database, look in the renamed CA installation folder for the AcceleratorManager.exe.config file.  Open that file in Notepad and look for the line that has 'server=' and 'initialCatalog=' as these fields have the information needed.
  14. When the fields are populated,click the OK button.
  15. When the next page is displayed (will be very quick), restart EVAMS before clicking the OK button.
  16. When you've clicked the OK button, the EVBAAdmin page should be displayed with the left panel showing the CA server name and the CA Customer(s) underneath.
  17. Right click on each CA Customer and select the 'Check Virtual Directory' option to recreate the virfual directory in IIS Manager for that Customer.

These actions should take care of the issue for you.  Of course, you also need to be sure you've upgraded the CA Client software on every machine on which it was installed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

It sounds like one or more of the EV binaries did not properly register on the CA server or the EV upgrade failed to replace one or more files.  Presuming CA is installed on its own standalone server (i.e., has no EV services installed other than the EV Admin Service), I recommend the following action while logging onto the CA server as the Vault Service Account (VSA):

1. Stop the Enterprise Vault Accelerator Manager Service (EVAMS).
  2. Uninstall CA.
  3. Uninstall EV.
  4. Delete the KVS registry key (HKLM\Software\SysWOW6432Node\KVS).
  5. Make a copy of the KVS registry key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SysWOW6431Node\KVS)
  6. Rename the CA installation folder (i.e., set 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault Business Accelerator' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault Business Accelerator Old').
  7. Rename the EV installation folder (i.e., set 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault Old').
  8. In IIS Manager, delete the EVAcceleratorAppPool application pool as well as all EV and CA related virtual directories under the Default Web Site (these will all be rebuilt later).
  9. Boot the server.
  10. After the server comes back up, install the EV 10.0.4 binaries (i.e., run the EV 10.0.4 Setup.exe, but don't configure anything other than setting the EV Admin Service startup to Disabled).
  11. Boot the server again.
  12. After the server comes back up again, install CA 10.0.4.
  13. When CA is installed, access the EVBAAdmin site (http://localhost/EVBAAdmin).  You'll need to configure that site again by entering the SQL Server name (and instance if appropriate) hosting the CA Configuration database, the name of the CA Configuration database, and select the option to use the existing database.  If you need the name of the SQL Server and / or CA Configuration database, look in the renamed CA installation folder for the AcceleratorManager.exe.config file.  Open that file in Notepad and look for the line that has 'server=' and 'initialCatalog=' as these fields have the information needed.
  14. When the fields are populated,click the OK button.
  15. When the next page is displayed (will be very quick), restart EVAMS before clicking the OK button.
  16. When you've clicked the OK button, the EVBAAdmin page should be displayed with the left panel showing the CA server name and the CA Customer(s) underneath.
  17. Right click on each CA Customer and select the 'Check Virtual Directory' option to recreate the virfual directory in IIS Manager for that Customer.

These actions should take care of the issue for you.  Of course, you also need to be sure you've upgraded the CA Client software on every machine on which it was installed.

nirender
Level 3

We also did this we went and reviewed the config files in the business accelerator folder and replaced all references to 10.0.3 with 10.0.4.  This also resolved the issue.

We also believe this was a one off case, we also restored the server from snapshot and re-did the EV upgrade.  this time there were no issues.

Teddy