cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Review - Group by Subject - What is Sort Order or Hierarchy

admin_laura
Level 4

When viewing items in CA Review, the list may be grouped by Subject.  What is the order or hierarchy for the grouping?  Specifically, unique characters astrisk (*), forward slash or oblique (/), bracket ([ or ]), brace ({ or }) or hypen (-).  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I deleted my post as I was going to edit it.  Here is the link:  http://www.asciitable.com/

What I am not of is CA uses ASCII sorting or not, but should be similar.

TS

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do you mean how the message are ordered when selecting the Subject as the order by field?  If so, then the listing will be by the unicode value of the characters in the subject of each message, with the characters starting from left to right.

I've not paid attention to the order when the first characters are not numbers or letters.  I don't even think I have any such e-mails in my lab to test.  I'd have to create some.  If you have some e-mails in your CA environment, you should be able to quickly determine the sort order using the Subject field, then put the sort order field back to the default of message date if you like.

admin_laura
Level 4

I have attempted that but results are not consistent.  Also, I am working with over 10K messages which adds to the complexity.  I will reach out to my IT area for additional support.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

You want to sort out the email in some specific order.

Like first ~ sign and then some other sign having in subject of email.?

admin_laura
Level 4

The issue is now moot, however, I will provide more context. 

I have over 10K messages.  A message is identified using "Author" or "Date" facet; the objective is to identify any other messages with same or similar subject line.  When results are sorted by subject, it was difficult to locate the message as many subject lines began with unique keys or characters.  Although not consisent, it appears the hierachy may be what is listed below. 

Blank

-

$

(

:

?

[

+

-

=

Number

Alpha

admin_laura
Level 4

Thank you for ASCII order; I believe it will be a good reference. 

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I deleted my post as I was going to edit it.  Here is the link:  http://www.asciitable.com/

What I am not of is CA uses ASCII sorting or not, but should be similar.

TS