cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA install errors

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

I'm installing CA v10 on a new W2k8r2 server.  EV9sp1 installed (not configured) and all other pre-reqs set.  I'm getting  error id 372 and 364 when the Accleerator Manager Service is started and cannot open the EVBAAdmin website.

BTW, I got the same errors when attempting to install CA9sp1 on a running EV9sp1/W2k3sp2 server that is running a Journal Archive Task. 

What am I missing? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

McAfee was causing the problem.  Once I disabled McAfee it worked fine.  Now I just have to configure McAfee to allow the accelerator .exe as allowed.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Can you post the text of those errors? 

Did the virtual directory get created?

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Yes, the virtual directory is created.

Error ID 364

APP AS - Customer ID: -1 - Remoting: Failed to initiliase remoting. System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)

at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start(Int32 backlog)

at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ExclusiveTcpListener.Start(Boolean exclusiveAddressUse)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel.StartListening(Object data)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel.SetupChannel()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel..ctor(IDictionary properties, IServerChannelSinkProvider sinkProvider, IAuthorizeRemotingConnection authorizeCallback)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel..ctor(IDictionary properties, IServerChannelSinkProvider sinkProvider)

at KVS.Accelerator.Server.CommonStarter.InitRemoting()

Error ID 372 

APP AS - Customer ID: -1 - Error When Starting the Accelerator Service. System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

at KVS.Accelerator.Server.CommonStarter.InitRemoting()

at KVS.Accelerator.Server.CommonStarter.Start()

at KVS.Accelerator.Server.AcceleratorServiceProcessor.MainThread()

TonySterling

Sounds like the port is already in use.  Is DA installed on here?

What is the port it is set to use in the config?

TonySterling

This is what I was referring to:

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO17300

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

DA is not installed on this server.  Actually, nothing is, except the pre-reqs.  But...  I'l try changing the port and see what happens.

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Changed the port to 8086, vice the default 8085, no change.  Same errors.

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

McAfee was causing the problem.  Once I disabled McAfee it worked fine.  Now I just have to configure McAfee to allow the accelerator .exe as allowed.

TonySterling

I was just getting ready to ask about AV or a Firewall but was stuck on a call! cool

Glad you got it sorted...

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Tony, thanks for the interest and help.