Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance Accelerator - Adding phrases with wildcards to Hotwords

James_Shaw
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

As per the administrator's guide for Compliance Accelerator, one must use double quotation marks when adding phrases to hotwords. Can I use wildcard words when adding a phrase to the hotwords?

For example if I want to add the following phrase to the list of hotwords: a comp* word

If yes, then how would I do it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you can use a wildcard in a phrase:

You can append a wildcard character to the end of the word or phrase to represent other characters. An asterisk (*) represents zero or more characters, and a question mark (?) represents exactly one character. For example, the hotword commodit* matches both "commodity" and "commodities".

Adding hotwords

Article:HOWTO107584  |  Created: 2015-01-09  |  Updated: 2015-01-09  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO107584

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

Yes, you can use a wildcard in a phrase:

You can append a wildcard character to the end of the word or phrase to represent other characters. An asterisk (*) represents zero or more characters, and a question mark (?) represents exactly one character. For example, the hotword commodit* matches both "commodity" and "commodities".

Adding hotwords

Article:HOWTO107584  |  Created: 2015-01-09  |  Updated: 2015-01-09  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO107584

James_Shaw
Level 3
Partner

Thanks for the quick reply Tony, but the part where I'm confused is: do the double quotation marks play a role when I'm doing so?

for example if I'm adding a comp* word to the Hotwords, would I be entering "a comp* word"

TonySterling

Could have sworn I replied to this.  Yes, that is how you would want to enter it.