cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance Accelerator with Mailbox Archiving

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I am trying to use Compliance Accelerator to search user's mailbox archives. I created a new department and marked the Mailbox Archive as searchable. I gave the ev account all the nessecary roles on the department. However when I create a search it doesn't run. I have another department for the journalled mail and I'm able to search that without any issues. Is there some other permission somewhere that prevents me from search mailbox archives?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It sounds like you might be trying to use CA like one would use DA.  If you need to do Discovery type searches you should look into DA.

You will want to make sure to have the user you want to run the search against setup as a Monitored Employee in that department you created.

Adding monitored employees and groups to departments

HOWTO58446 | 2013-07-12
How To | CMS-XML

Use caution when you are doing this, make sure you aren't going to affect any other departments.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It sounds like you might be trying to use CA like one would use DA.  If you need to do Discovery type searches you should look into DA.

You will want to make sure to have the user you want to run the search against setup as a Monitored Employee in that department you created.

HOWTO58446 | 2013-07-12
How To | CMS-XML

Use caution when you are doing this, make sure you aren't going to affect any other departments.

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Ok thank you, I just had to add the monitored employees. We have DA, I was just trying to make this work in CA as well.