cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 405 when trying to run reports in Compliance Accelerator

nirender
Level 3

When trying to run reports in Compliance Accelerator  I am getting Event ID 405

APP AS - Customer ID: 7 - An error occurred retrieving the report snapshots. System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
   at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
   at KVS.Accelerator.Application.SSRS_Reports.GetReportSnapshots()

If I attempt to run reports as the service account I can, but not as myself.

I did see this similar posting but  no solution was ever provided

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/da-9-accelerator-service-processor-event-id-405

Teddy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goatboy
Level 6

I managed to fix it - I renamed the Compliance Accelerator Reports and Discovery Accelerator Reports folders in SSRS, enabled the IIS Admin service (it was disabled via Group Policy) and re-uploaded reports. All working now. Not sure whether the fix was one or a combination of items.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

nirender
Level 3

In CA I get an error stating that

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

User:  ABCF\m-123456
Customer: 2
Server:  houxevca10
Domain:  Accelerator Client Domain

Stack:

at Accelerator.Modules.ReportingModule.Views.ReportPresenter.AddToDataModel(ReportSnapshotEntity reportSnapshot)

goatboy
Level 6

Hi, did you find a fix for this? Having same issue.

txs

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello, nirender and goatboy;

If each of you you have not already done so, please open a support case so we can assist you in troubleshooting your reporting issues.

Kind regards,

Ken

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Nice.  Good fix, goatboy.  Thank you for sharing the actions you took.

I don't think the issue was due to the IIS Admin service having been stopped.  I stopped the IIS Admin service on my DA server and was able to successfully upload the report templates.  I then started IIS Admin on my DA server and stopped it on my SSRS server.  I was still able to successfully upload the DA reports. I then stopped IIS Admin on my DA server again so that it was stopped on both machines and the report templates still uploaded successfully.

As the CA and DA report templates upload use the same mechanism, my test would seem to rule out the IIS Admin service being stopped at the cause.

goatboy
Level 6

Just to be clear, IIS Admin service was disabled on my SSRS SQL server via group policy - it's running SQL 2008. I have another EV environment with SQL 2008 R2 which had no issues with reporting. From memory, we had to do something tricky to meet EV Reporting requirments in SQL 2008 with IIS, I can't remember exactly now, but I don't think it had full IIS installed. Anyhoo, all working now!

goatboy
Level 6

I managed to fix it - I renamed the Compliance Accelerator Reports and Discovery Accelerator Reports folders in SSRS, enabled the IIS Admin service (it was disabled via Group Policy) and re-uploaded reports. All working now. Not sure whether the fix was one or a combination of items.

nirender
Level 3

I did not have an issue uploading the reports, it was when we were trying to run a report within Compliance accelerator.  When I spoke with the user the following day, she was able to successfully run her reports.