cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review Buttons not working

Voine
Level 4

I have an issue with 1 client who Review buttons are not working. They did in the past.

She currently has 68 messages to review but when she clicks on Review, Pending... nothign happens.  She has the same role as other employees who currently dont have issues. I also made myself a delgate and I was able to reivew the emails.

We tried to reinstall CA client and reboot the PC. What else can we do ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I don't see java here:

Prerequisites for Discovery Accelerator client computers

Article:HOWTO58721  |  Created: 2011-08-01  |  Updated: 2013-07-12  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO58721

What version of .Net do you have? 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

TonySterling

If she logs into a different machine is she able to review?  What OS is her computer?  Any differences between her and others that work?

Voine
Level 4

We didn't try a new machine yet.

OS is Windows 7

Everything is basically setup the same across all employees. Does CA use java ? Will reinstalling java help ?

TonySterling

I don't see java here:

Prerequisites for Discovery Accelerator client computers

Article:HOWTO58721  |  Created: 2011-08-01  |  Updated: 2013-07-12  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO58721

What version of .Net do you have? 

Voine
Level 4

We have v 4.0

I now have 2 employees with the same issue...

One thing to note is we recently created a new cust db, on the old cust db they are still able to review emails.

The issue is only on the new cust db. Sampling only ocucrs on the new DB.

Voine
Level 4

Its fixed now. I restarted the EVAMS service.. just hope this doesn't occur daily...

Voine
Level 4

Just noticed this error in the event viewer as well.

APP AS - Customer ID: 3 - An Error has occured when updating a marking item. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_tblComment_tblPrincipal". The conflict occurred in database "XXXX table "dbo.tblPrincipal", column 'PrincipalID'.

The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_tblIntMarkHistory_tblPrincipal". The conflict occurred in database "EVCA_COMPLIANCE_US02", table "dbo.tblPrincipal", column 'PrincipalID'.

ERROR_usp_DiscoveredItem_Upd_AddMark|17695

The statement has been terminated.

The 'usp_Comment_Add' procedure attempted to return a status of NULL, which is not allowed. A status of 0 will be returned instead.

The statement has been terminated.

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdatedRowStatusErrors(RowUpdatedEventArgs rowUpdatedEvent, BatchCommandInfo[] batchCommands, Int32 commandCount)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdatedRowStatus(RowUpdatedEventArgs rowUpdatedEvent, BatchCommandInfo[] batchCommands, Int32 commandCount)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataRow[] dataRows, DataTableMapping tableMapping)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdateFromDataTable(DataTable dataTable, DataTableMapping tableMapping)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataSet dataSet)

at KVS.Accelerator.Common.TraceDLCommand.Update(IDbDataAdapter adapter, DataSet ds, Boolean RetryDLs)

at KVS.Accelerator.Items.DiscoveryItems.UpdateDS(DiscoveryItemDS DS)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

TonySterling

Is that error before or after you restarted the service?

Voine
Level 4

This is before.. it occured a couple times. (looks like the times when the users tried to mark the messages)

TonySterling

Ok, so it seems like the restart cured the issue.  I would just monitor it for a day or two to see if it recurs. You could set up an alert for that event id so it will let you know if it does happen again.

Cdee
Level 6

Even i had noticed this issue and same is my case if i restart evams it will get fix but after couple of days it will recoccur also noticed that i get out of memory error on the CA server at the same time not sure if that is related.

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Greetings, Vione and Cdee;

Please veriff if you have .NET 4.0 on your CA server.  If you do, remove it immediately.  .NET 4.0 is not supported in any version of CA (or DA) and has been found to cause random issues with the product's performance.

Also check for .NET 4.5 and remove it if found as it is also not supported (yet).

Finally, check your CA servers' automatice update setting to ensure it is set to automatically download Microsoft updates but allow you to select when to install them.  Having your CA servers set to automatically download and install Microsoft updates has been known to cause problems as .NET 4.0 and 4.5 are part of those updates.  We recommend NOT allowing the automatic installation of updates.  The automatic download is fine, just not the automatic installation of the updates.

Cdee
Level 6

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the feedback just cross verified and noticed that .net 2.0 SP2 .net 3.02 Sp2 and 3.5 sp is installed on the server.

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

.Net 3.5 SP1 or a greater SP to 3.5 is OK as long as 4.0 or greater (including 4.5) is NOT installed.  If you've got any flavor of .NET 4.x installed on the Accelerator server, please remove it as these versions are known to cause issues.

We're working to get .NET 4.5 certified, but no ETA on that as yet.

Cdee
Level 6

Thanks for the update Ken.

Voine
Level 4

I just wanted to update the fix we use for this issue.

Clearing the client cache has been resolving the issue and the issue does not return for the same user

It seems to be related to the new cust db. One is on SQL 2003 and the new one is on SQL 2008. Not sure if this was the issue.

To clear the client cache - Holdthe ctrl key - then click on the Symantec logo in the bottom right corner.