cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to CA 11.0.1 - getting errors that customer DB's need to be updated

Jolaine_Y
Level 4
Partner

Recently upgraded EV, CA, and DA. The CA configuration and customer databases were ALL upgraded successsfully. Yesterday I started seeing this when launching the client:

clienterror_0.png

When I look at the EVBAAdmin page the customer databases look like they need to be updated.. even though I already successfully upgraded them.

CA.png

So.. what's the deal? I can right click on the customer database, go to Properties, choose Update, and that temporarily fixes the issue.. a day or so later I'm getting the same error from the client and the EVBAAdmin page shows all the customer databases as needing to be updated.. again.

Has anyone seen this??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jolaine_Y
Level 4
Partner

It's stopped because it is showing that the customer database needs to be updated (see where it says "Update", you only have that when the database needs to be upgraded), which can't be possible because the database is already at 11, hence the problem.

This happened 4 days in a row and then magically disapeared.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Jolain,

As per screenshot i understand that your customer database is upgraded to version 11 sp.

But i found customer background task is in stopped state.

In the EVBAAdmin page select the customer database on left hand side. Then right click on that and select "Customer's background task".

Then on right hand side you will see the State:Installed and Customer tasks:Running.

After that try to connect using client.

Jolaine_Y
Level 4
Partner

It's stopped because it is showing that the customer database needs to be updated (see where it says "Update", you only have that when the database needs to be upgraded), which can't be possible because the database is already at 11, hence the problem.

This happened 4 days in a row and then magically disapeared.