cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploading compliance accelerator reports templates

Kesavan
Level 3

Hi Friends,

now i am evaluating Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP1 in test environment. i have one forest and 4 child domain. i installing Symantec EV in one of child domain exchange server. it is exchange 2007. i have successfully configured mailbox archiving and also i tested mails.

now i configuring Compliance accelerator in the same EV box.  i installed compliance accelerator and created system and customer database. now i try to upload reports templates.

but i get error request timed out and then Exception through out.

please help me to configure Compliance accelerator.

DB : SQL 2005 with SP2

Regards
Kesavan

5 REPLIES 5

Kesavan
Level 3
Sorry. 

this is Exception Stack Trace error

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
are the pre reqs good?

Assign the following roles to the Vault Service account:
  • The System Administrator role on the SQL reporting server.

To assign this role in Report Manager, first click Site Settings on the global toolbar and then click Security. Then click New Role Assignment and assign the System Administrator role to the Vault Service account.

• The Content Manager role on the Home folder of the SQL reporting server.

To assign this role in Report Manager, click Security on the Properties tab for the Home folder. Then click New Role Assignment and assign the Content Manager role to the Vault Service account.

See the Microsoft Reporting Services documentation for more information.

Kesavan
Level 3
i unable to open http://localhost/Reports. it gives same error . ie access denied.

now i uninstalled compliance accelerator and Reporting Serives and then installed reporting services with different instant name(Reportserver$EV). before configuring EV Reports, give permission for vault service account and EV Report USer ID as Content Manager Role.

then i configured EV Reports. now it is working fine

now i try to install CA. i have sucessfully installed and configured the databse. but while uploading databese i have same problem

Kesavan
Level 3

without uploading reports i installed CA Client (modified acceleratorclient.Exe.Config). then i tried to connect and it says

Unable to connect. A Problem occured while retrieving the list of instance from server xxxx. The Accelerator Service is either not running or the server could not contacted.

Pls help

Kesavan
Level 3
Hi,

i having following doubts while creating customer database

VaultID(s) : i don't id. so skiped this 
Administrator User or Group : which id i need to give ( i gave vault service account and another one test id )
Virtual Directory : i gave Administrator user id name (above id)
Database : it also i gave Administrator user id name (above id)
Data file folder : E:\CA_DB

all other settings are default.

is it correct. pls give