cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU appliance 5230

rookie11
   VIP   

we have old Netbackup appliance
Appliance Model is NetBackup Appliance 5230.
Appliance Version is 3.3.0.1.
When i checked on netbackup catalog it do not show any backup images on NBU appliance 5230. But disk pool it show 380 GB as used disk space
i checked via command line and found this
/dev/vx/dsk/nbuapp/pdvol 36T 237G 35T 1% /msdp/data/dp1/pdvol
/dev/vx/dsk/nbuapp/2pdvol 3.4T 19G 3.4T 1% /msdp/data/dp1/2pdvol
/dev/vx/dsk/nbuapp/1pdvol 36T 132G 35T 1% /msdp/data/dp1/1pdvol

How to be certain that it do not contain backup images before I decomm this NBU appliance

2 REPLIES 2

jnardello
   VIP    Certified

bpimagelist -server myappliance -d 1/1/1970 -U

If nothing comes back, then the NetBackup catalog has no record of any images remaining on the Appliance and you're clear to proceed. 

meuhassan
Level 4

To be certain that the NBU appliance does not contain any backup images before you decommission it, you can do the following:

1. Check the NetBackup catalog to see if there are any backup images listed.
  2. Run the following command on the appliance:
df -h

This will show you a list of all the mounted filesystems on the appliance, including the disk pool. If there are any backup images on the disk pool, they will be listed in the output of this command. 3. Use the find command to search the disk pool for files that end in ".bkp".

find / -name "*.bkp"

This will find all the files on the disk pool that end in ".bkp". If there are any backup images on the disk pool, they will be listed in the output of this command.

If you have checked all of these things and you are still not sure whether or not there are any backup images on the appliance, you can contact Veritas support for assistance. They will be able to help you to verify that the appliance is clean before you decommission it.

In your case, the command df -h shows that the disk pool is 1% full, which suggests that there are no backup images on the appliance. However, it is always a good idea to check the NetBackup catalog and the disk pool for files that end in ".bkp" just to be sure.