cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

elevate mode is not working

backup_ajan
Level 1

Hi All,

When I try to run /opt/Symantec/sdcssagent/IPS/sisipsoverride.sh command on appliance. It gives an error like that;

unable to communicate with the SDCSS Util Daemon.

I check with ps-ef. it seems working. do you have any information as to why this error is caused?

3 REPLIES 3

jnardello
   VIP    Certified
My first guess is one or more of the SIS processes isn't running, whether by design or because it crashed. Can you elevate without running that command first ? If you can't elevate I'd suggest that the next step should be a reboot - if you still cannot elevate after that (with or without running that command first) then I'd suggest a Support case is in order.

JasonRkr
Level 4

backup_ajan,

I agree with jnardello that opening a case is the way to proceed with this.  We ran into this once before and it was the result of corruption with SDCS.

CAUSE: System partition has reached 100% utilization causing SDCS install to become corrupted.
RESOLUTION: Reinstalled SDCS, SDCS now functions as expected.

Hope that helps.

Jason

jhromeror
Level 3

If you are running 8.3.0.1 up to MR1 this could be resource related and not space related. If things get back to normal after a reboot I would recommend to get the latest MR for 8.3.0.1 or go higher...