cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resolve CPI ERROR V-9-0-0 arch_sys undefined

rifco
Level 3

Hi,

I'm installing Storage Foundation and High Availability (SFHA) on two nodes. Everything is configured correctly based on the given document.

But, in the middle of installation, it returns this error:
CPI ERROR V-9-0-0 arch_sys undefined

I don't know how to resolve, and google didn't give any clue about that.
Can anyone suggest what should I do to fix that?

here's my machine on node A:
Linux xxxxxx 2.6.18-274.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jul 8 17:36:59 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Regards,
Anton

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rifco
Level 3

Hi Mike,

actually it's our second machine that's causing the problem.

--
vgerndovm6: ~ # /usr/bin/ssh vgerndovm6 uname
Linux
vgerndovm6: ~ # /usr/bin/ssh vgerndovm7 uname

Linux
--

anytime the ssh command is calling command to second machine, it's printing empty line before the actual result. seems That's causing the string parsing error in vcs installer.

When I tried installing the vcs from second machine, it didnt get the error (because ssh remote command to first machine doesn't print empty line)

So, it's resolved. Thanks!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Could you attach the installation log file.  This should be in something like /opt/VRTS/install/logs where there maybe more than one directory (called something like installer-xxx) so select the one with the time you did the installation (the latest one).  There should be several files in this directory, so just attach the bigger *.log" file.  The logs start off in /var/tmp when the installation runs and get copied to /opt/VRTS/install, but occasionally the copy does not occur so you can look here if you can't find logs in /opt/VRTS/install

Mike

rifco
Level 3

Hi,

attached is the log files (3 files) in a zip file.

I have two nodes, the ping between the machines are ok, and i can do ssh too, without credential input.

regards,

Anton

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Your issue is the architecture of your second server - you first server is ok this is x64, but your other node is i686 from extract of "uname -a" in *.log2:

Linux xxxxxx 2.6.18-274.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jul 8 17:36:59 EDT 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

SF only support 64 bit architecture

Mike

rifco
Level 3

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it :)

btw, about the uname, so earlier, our team modified the uname script to test a possibilities. It's

--

mv /bin/uname /bin/uname.old

echo "uname.old $* | sed 's/x86_64 x86_64 x86_64/i686 i686 i386/g'" >/bin/uname

--

it's because I realized to that actually the machine is x86_64, but the installer failed to recognize the architecture.

--------

2 11:20:52 cmd exit=0
2 11:20:52 cmd /usr/bin/ssh -x -o NumberOfPasswordPrompts=0 -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no vgerndovm7 "LANG=C LC_ALL=C uname -a 2>&1
echo _CMD_EXIT_=\$?" 2>&1
2 11:20:52 cmd stdout=

Linux vgerndovm7 2.6.18-274.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jul 8 17:36:59 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2 11:20:52 cmd /usr/bin/ssh -x -o NumberOfPasswordPrompts=0 -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no vgerndovm7 "LANG=C LC_ALL=C hostname 2>&1
echo _CMD_EXIT_=\$?" 2>&1
2 11:20:52 cmd stdout=

vgerndovm7
2 11:20:52 CPI ERROR V-9-0-0 arch_sys undefined
--------

do you have any idea, in which script that doing the remote unix command?

maybe I can find some string processing error there.

Regards,

Anton

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Not quite sure what you are asking, it seems you just need to put correct uname binary back to resolve the issue.  As you can see from you log extract above, the installer is running:

/usr/bin/ssh -x -o NumberOfPasswordPrompts=0 -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no vgerndovm7 "LANG=C LC_ALL=C uname -a 2>&1

Where script interprets the architecture seems to be in "installer_dir/scripts/EDR/EDR/initiation.pl" in sub "info_sys".  My perl is not great so no exactly sure what script does here.

Mike

rifco
Level 3

Hi Mike,

actually it's our second machine that's causing the problem.

--
vgerndovm6: ~ # /usr/bin/ssh vgerndovm6 uname
Linux
vgerndovm6: ~ # /usr/bin/ssh vgerndovm7 uname

Linux
--

anytime the ssh command is calling command to second machine, it's printing empty line before the actual result. seems That's causing the string parsing error in vcs installer.

When I tried installing the vcs from second machine, it didnt get the error (because ssh remote command to first machine doesn't print empty line)

So, it's resolved. Thanks!

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Anton,

Are you saying you left custom uname on vgerndovm7 outputting i686 and this still worked when you ran installer from vgerndovm7

Also why does ssh to vgerndovm7 print an empty line - have you modified ssh command too?

Mike

rifco
Level 3

Hi Mike,

the uname script is actually reverted to the original version. we didnt modify the ssh.

seems it's confirmed that the additional empty lines that causing the error, though we still don't understand what's causing it (only happen when doing ssh to vgerndovm7, from any servers)

maybe it's due to some IO buffer configuration in the OS.

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

It maybe due to the profile as I believe ssh runs profile so you should compare profile between the 2 servers.

It seems you had 2 problems then, modified uname and extra line in output from ssh.

Mike