Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with multiple databases in AppHA Oracle Service Group

Rajan_Iyer
Level 4
Certified

Hi,

I am facing the problem in which I have two databases in the single service group under AppHA.

In case of schedule maintenance of one of the Database I use to freeze the service group and shutting down the database,, at the same time my 2nd database also went down.

In the same ref. I have other server in which it is working fine with multi instance databse.

Please suggest what I need to compare in the server having issue with the server in which there is no issue.

Please suggest.

2 REPLIES 2

Satish_K__Pagar
Level 5
Employee

What exactly is the configuration difference between your two servers, where on one the multiple instances behave fine and other causes the issue? The SID should be unique for the multiple instances which I suppose must be the case. However please do check, your SID, Oracle owners, Home attributes. In case you start just the one instance, and then probe another (without starting second instance) check the behaviuor , whether VCS reports both of them ONLINE ? When you say your 2nd Database instance goes down, does it get offline'd or reported as FAULTED in VCS?

Prasanna_Kulkar
Level 3
Employee

Hi Ranjan,

It would help if you could share main.cf contents.

--

regards,

Prasanna