1. OS RHEL 6.1
  2. VCS Version 5.1 rp3

Objective

1. To enable VVR in VCS-GCO environment
  2. During the process of creating RVG for VVR Service Group; I  found that

Done the following Checks

(i) VVRTypes.cf is MISSING from the /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config directory

(ii) /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/sample_vvr/addVVRTypes.sh is NOT there

(iii) re-install VCS5.1-rp3 patch DOESNT work . Message prompted "SFHA ver 5.1.133.000 is already installed. No rpm will be installed".

Anyone can provide advice / help. SOS.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The VVR types used to be in a separate file, but in 5.1 they should be provided in the main "types.cf" file, so you should find that /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config/types.cf contains RVG and RVGPrimary types (and others VVR types for snapshots and VVR with CVM).

If your types.cf file does not contains these, then you may have upgraded from a previous VCS version and not upgraded your types.cf file - this being the case, the RVG types should be in the types.cf file in the parent directory - /etc/VRTSvcs/conf.  If you need to know how to merge these 2, let me know.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The VVR types used to be in a separate file, but in 5.1 they should be provided in the main "types.cf" file, so you should find that /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config/types.cf contains RVG and RVGPrimary types (and others VVR types for snapshots and VVR with CVM).

If your types.cf file does not contains these, then you may have upgraded from a previous VCS version and not upgraded your types.cf file - this being the case, the RVG types should be in the types.cf file in the parent directory - /etc/VRTSvcs/conf.  If you need to know how to merge these 2, let me know.

Mike

KungfuPanda
Level 3
Partner

You are absolutely right.

Thanks Mike.