cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resource dependency issue

tanislavm
Level 6

Hi, I need to clarify things. In a 2 nodes vcs cluster we have an group with application resource, mount point resource and disk group resource. Application resource is the parent for mount point resource, and this one is parent for disk group resource. Normally when there is an problem with disk group resource and this goes offline, then all the rest of resources are taken offline by vcs. In the scenario with disk group resource goes offline ,and vcs is not able to take offline the application resource and mount point resource, what I should to perform? In this case the application hang? - I should use the application stop script and cleanup script or kill -9 in order to kill the application processes? - umount with force the mount point? - I should also stop the agents of those resources manually or they are stopped automatically when the resources are offline? If the above are successfully(application resource and mount point resource are offline), the group will start automatically on other node or I should to start it manually? tnx a lot, marius

1 REPLY 1

g_lee
Level 6

duplicate post / repeated question in cluster forum: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/resource-dependency