cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Study Guides for technical accreditation exams

Auntyasher
Level 3

While waiting for a friend for lunch, I met a partner comining out from test center. He just failed in his STS exam. I questioned him how get himself prepared for the exam and was surprised he was trying his 'luck' since he needs to get accredited as requirement for his company to get specialized.

This is my first post on exam subject. I believe the partner would have stood a better chance if he had gone through the exam objectives, review the study guide and attempted the sample questions before he register for the STS exam. I don't know how many partners did that. But I know this helps.

Recently, Symantec has enhanced some of the training modules that allows users to download the trainer's transcript and even onto ipod or any MP3/MP4 players...coool

My advice, do your pre-works and now made easy with the downloads..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Just now i checked again the partnernet.

PartnerNet  >  University  >  Training  >  Technical  > NetBackup Technical

A link available at each module to download audio/Video.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Auntyasher,

Recently, Symantec has enhanced some of the training modules that allows users to download the trainer's transcript and even onto ipod or any MP3/MP4 players...coool

Can you provide some such links here. Those will be very much useful i think.

Thanks & Regards.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Just now i checked again the partnernet.

PartnerNet  >  University  >  Training  >  Technical  > NetBackup Technical

A link available at each module to download audio/Video.

UFO
Level 6

I'd suggest for technical guys who want to pass STS exam take additional step to pass the exam (in addition to what have been said above) - contact your local colleagues who have passed the same exam already and ask them what was the successful path. E.g. for NetBackup STS exam it was not enough to just learn through online lessons on PartnerNet. In this particular case it is necessary to study NetBackup Commands for Windows guide (this is must!). SSE+ demos are also useful.

In general, becoming STS is getting more and more complicated. Some partners are simply afraid to fail and thus are not as active as they could be when it comes to drive Symantec products to the market.

Saqib_Alam
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Further more you can prepare from Symantec E-Books, which will be really helpful to pass your STS Exam.

rami_d
Not applicable
Partner Accredited Certified

iyujg

thankas

Esteban_Xpears
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

As commented Saqib Alam, a very good option for prepartum are E-books. Similarly, in the section ParnerNet Technical Training, you got the study guides for each STS. This will guide you in each of the modules in which the review says.
In some cases, such as NBU, EV, if you know any colleague who already gave it better! because there is extra material (such as guide NBU commands) that need to know.

I hope these recommendations will serve you and many there! smiley

Auntyasher
Level 3

Hi Alam,

Thanks for the mention. I miss e-Book- a great resource tool for partners -providing partners access to download those needful training materials onto their desktop and go through them on their own pace.

To get access, just drop a call to your Symantec Account manager serving you and give him your details:

Name, Partner Org, email address....