cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Enablement Toolkit Data

salamz
Level 4
Partner

I have Symantec Enbalment Toolkit Data installed on my C drive with all the relevent content modules for my study. Now i have to move this date from C drive to some other partition.
How can i move this.

Regards
Saqib Alam| Sr.Systems Engineer |
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Janice_Brown
Level 3
Accredited
Hi Saqib

You should send your question to the Partner Enablement Toolkit Team for the quickest response.  They should be able to help you with moving the modules.

You can reach them at enablement_toolkit@symantec.com.

Thank You

Janice Brown

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Janice_Brown
Level 3
Accredited
Hi Saqib

You should send your question to the Partner Enablement Toolkit Team for the quickest response.  They should be able to help you with moving the modules.

You can reach them at enablement_toolkit@symantec.com.

Thank You

Janice Brown

salamz
Level 4
Partner
I have already send an email on above mention email address and still waiting for there reply.

Regards

Saqib Alam|Sr.Systems Engineer|

salamz
Level 4
Partner
Finally I got the reply from Symantec Enablement Tool Kit Team and as per there instructions i move my all contents data from one drive to another without loosing it.
GR8 Job 

Thanks to Symantec.

Regards
Saqib Alam |Sr.Systems Engineer

Jeremy_Henric1
Not applicable
Employee

For others who need to back up their content within the Symantec Enablement Toolkit, please follow this guide:

Backing Up Content Modules

Back up all the files under the following folder:

• For Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Enablement Toolkit\
  • For Windows Vista - C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Enablement Toolkit\

The minimum files and folders required from the folder(s) listed above are:

• \ContentModules
  • \setlocaldownloaded.dat
  • \setconfig.ini

Restoring Content Modules

CAUTION: Please do not perform the restore process on a computer with existing content modules. Otherwise you will overwrite the configuration data on the target computer.

To access the content modules on the recovered system or new computer, restore all files and folders that you backed up to their original location as indicated in the section “Backing Up Content Modules

Note: If the content module installation directory changes on the target computer, open setconfig.ini in a text editor, and change the following line to reflect the new location where you content is stored:

CMInstallPath=D:\ContentModules