cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why dont free training of STS as SSE and SSE+ are available @ partnernet

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Why dont free training of STS available as SSE and SSE+ are available @ partnernet training section. Everyone know it bothers alot to read the PDF. Why sales guys have this benifit and why not for STS.

Even the STS exams are pulled from free to paid via prometric and sales guys still enjoying this benifit of online assesment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SymMatt
Level 3
Employee Accredited

A few quick points - first, free elearning training is available for the STS on PartnerNet.  Those elearning courses cover the same content that is delivered in the instructor led versions.  As far as why Symantec charges for instructor led courses, as mentioned above, there are costs involved for Symantec to deliver instructor/virtual training...  everything from facilities to staff and resources (hardware) needed to deliver the courses.  There is also a huge difference in the costs associated with developing sales versus technical training courses.

As far as charging to take the STS at a testing center, we want the STS to have a level of credability associated with it which comes from utilizing a testing center. Plus the fee charged to partners to take the test is minimal.

I hope this provides some more detail on the current processes.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

CraigV

...why should Symantec make their training free? HP, EMC, IBM, CA don't.

The sales people are also not technically minded...show me a sales person who actually goes out to demonstrate the person...training involves money being spent by the vendor to get the trainer trained up, then to dedicate their time to training others; providing food on the courses along with manuals etc; providing the hardware/software for the training...

I don't mind seeing my company paying for training either!

Zahid_Haseeb

Cool down please. Dont be angry.

The sales people are also not technically minded...show me a sales person who actually goes out to demonstrate the person

I am asking why sales guys have free training. They dont know the way to sales as per Symantec perspective until they cant get training.. Same with Technicial Engineer , they dont know how to deal with the product.(both can do their work without training but this is exceptional case and I am not talking about that)

Either Sales or Technicial both needs training to get train and demontrate the skills in their fields. But one getting free training and another paid.

CraigV

Don't worry, not angry...but I don't see the need for free technical training to be honest. I'll give you an example: EMC have their Velocity training, which in effect is presales/sales training. This is for free & all you need is a PowerLink login.

Anything further up the chain and you need to pay for it. Honestly...how much technical knowledge does a sales person need? They can talk a bit about deduplication, normal backups etc, but when it comes down to the nitty-gritty, this is where a technical person's more advanced training comes into being. Hence paying for it.

SymMatt
Level 3
Employee Accredited

A few quick points - first, free elearning training is available for the STS on PartnerNet.  Those elearning courses cover the same content that is delivered in the instructor led versions.  As far as why Symantec charges for instructor led courses, as mentioned above, there are costs involved for Symantec to deliver instructor/virtual training...  everything from facilities to staff and resources (hardware) needed to deliver the courses.  There is also a huge difference in the costs associated with developing sales versus technical training courses.

As far as charging to take the STS at a testing center, we want the STS to have a level of credability associated with it which comes from utilizing a testing center. Plus the fee charged to partners to take the test is minimal.

I hope this provides some more detail on the current processes.

Zahid_Haseeb

first, free elearning training is available for the STS on PartnerNet.  Those elearning courses cover the same content that is delivered in the instructor led versions.

May you kindly send me the link as a private message for the free elearning training.

Trace
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Zahid,

The following link will take you to the Technical Training section on the partnernet website:

https://partnernet.symantec.com/Partnercontent/Training/TechnicalTraining.jsp

From there you can choose the product you want training for, and every online training is free.
Make sure that you use internet explorer, because in most cases you need to register for the training and it works only with IE.

Ajit_Jha
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello!!!

FYI two years ago STS was free but not. Again the Learning materials, Skill Assesments, Demo, Videos are still available for free. According to me FEE exam help candidate learn the product.

Again If you are partner, you are investing $40 for a STS, in return Symantec is paying you $50 via Symplus Promotion program.

So where is the Harm for Partners?

Njoy Man.....

Zahid_Haseeb

$50 via Symplus Promotion program.

Any Link on this please ?

Ajit_Jha
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Goto Partnernet and look for All Promotions. You can also contact your Partner Manager.

Zahid_Haseeb

I think I should contact to partner manager  as I am not able to see ($50 via Symplus Promotion program.

) under all promotons

Ajit_Jha
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Zahid,

You will not be able to see thing mention there, but when you appear for the STS Exam and Qualify, you will be rewarded with $50 in your Symplus account.

Pleas call or email your partner account manager. Any other assistance required, send me a PM