cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3600 appliance support for Server 2012?

rbiddle
Level 3

Any idea when the remote agent support for Server 2012 will hit the 3600 appliance?

All of my new servers are 2012 and I am unable to back them up...  Not good.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rbiddle
Level 3

I was told that June/July is timeframe for 2012 support on the 3600...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You're either running BE 2012 or BE 2010, and in either case, check the blog below. Beta starts end-May for both of them...you might want to sign-up for that ASAP!

http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/quality-wins-every-time-vsphere-51-support-update

Thanks!

rbiddle
Level 3

Something tells me running beta software on this appliance wouldn't work out so well. Its my production backup solution.

Its not like a regular wintel server where you can easily rollback or make changes.

Just RDP'ing into the box is not really supported and takes a number of steps.

I will wait until its a real release.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...wasn't suggesting that you upgrade, but signing up to the Beta is worthwhile if you have a spare server. It's going to give you a bit of time to play around with the changes made etc...

Thanks!

rbiddle
Level 3

Thanks.  Yeah - I dont have a spare server - I have an appliance (small shop).

rbiddle
Level 3

I was told that June/July is timeframe for 2012 support on the 3600...

PackMatt73
Level 4
Employee

Greetings all.

Yes, the BE 3600 runs BE 2012, so support is not here yet, but soon.  For info about the beta, you can follow the beta blog here

For more info on the appliance, you may want to look at the G+ Hangout we did on Friday.  3 Experts take a deep dive into it looking at the licensing software and hardware.