cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After reset to factory default, cannot login admin web page

Joseph_Lai
Level 4

I reset the BE3600 to factory default (tried both methods: 1) reset using command, 2) reset using USB dongle) to do a clean setup. I go thru the setup wizard and join the domain etc. After reboot the appliance, I try login from the admin webpage and get the error: "User authentication failed. Please enter valid user name and password." I tried both the new password I set for administrator during initial setup wizard and the default administrator pwd, both did not work. BUT, I can use the new pwd to login remote PowerShell to the appliance.

Anybody has experienced this situation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joseph_Lai
Level 4

I did open a case. Their suggestion did not work. But I finally got it working by re-do an initial setup without joining the domain. Then the appliance was rebooted and I was able to login the web admin page again. 

I then join the domain via the admin page's Role Settings.

Hope this help someone who might encounter similar issue. Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...the 3600 appliance is seriously restricted. Might be best to just open up a query with Symantec support to get this fixed.

Thanks!

Joseph_Lai
Level 4

I did open a case. Their suggestion did not work. But I finally got it working by re-do an initial setup without joining the domain. Then the appliance was rebooted and I was able to login the web admin page again. 

I then join the domain via the admin page's Role Settings.

Hope this help someone who might encounter similar issue. Thanks.