cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent for Windows 2003 server

adeelarifbhatti
Level 4

Hi,

I am using backup exec 2012 (appliance 3600), when I take the backup of a server which is windows 2003, it fails and give me the following error.

- Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "\\Server\System?State". Snapshot technology used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

V-79-10000-11217 - VSS Snapshot error. The Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot failed. Make sure that all provider services and tasks are running. Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

#####################################################################################################################

When I try to upgrade the agent over this server remotely via appliance it gives the following error.

Job started     : Thursday, June 05, 2014 3:26:28 PMJob ended       : Thursday, June 05, 2014 3:27:02 PMFinal error: 0x652 - Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install.
Final error category: Other ErrorsCompleted status: Failed

Actually, I tried to update the agent and it took forever so I cancelled the job and tried again, after that this upgradation problem has started to appear.

Error Code is 652.

1 REPLY 1

lmosla
Level 6

Hi,

Open up a cmd prompt and type in vssadmin list writers to check for any failing writers.  To clear out any failing writers you can reboot the server.

Check for a stuck orphan process by opening up Task Manager and if you aren't in the middle of another installation, go to Processes and end the setup.exe process