Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appliance 3600 TIPS !!

JavierTI
Level 5

A consultation to first turn the computer
first put my name "BEappliance2013"
agrege the appliance to the domain and then went back to change the team name "XXXXXX"
when I enter the new domain user can not open BE, (image)
I make any changes or order should I follow.
I went back to put the computer name "BEappliance2013" and if it works.
Something that should be taken into account??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...try connecting with the /admin switch, but I believe that RDP is not enabled by default by the appliance. Like I said, it is severely locked down, and to enable RDP you need to log a call with Symantec to do so.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

CraigV

...can't find much on the BE-side of things, but check the MS TN below to see if this is relevant:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889615

Also, how many characters was the new name?

JavierTI
Level 5

Right CraiV,
who restored with USB to the Appliance 3600,
have procedures such as in BE2012 software to recover the backup server copied DATA and CATALOGS folders, in this appliance now know the trick?
I want to restore because BE2012 and update Windows, restart and it does not raise
nothing, neither the browser nor the backup exec.
Horror!!!

JavierTI
Level 5

feedback friends.

Thanks.

CraigV

...been working like a slave, and this is community-driven wink which explains why I haven't responded...

Are the services started up on the appliance? Otherwise, probably best to log a call with Symantec as that appliance is seriously locked down. Let them take a look and report back here.

Thanks!

JavierTI
Level 5

I was testing with the USB and is very easy to use is just booting by USB, which worries me a lot is that also formats the disk 5TB, that if severe, I have seen that there is a way to create a disk boot has procedures???

JavierTI
Level 5

Good evening friends,
I want to enter the REMOTE LAUNCH and I get this error, someone put resolve.

Thank you for your contributions.

CraigV

...try connecting with the /admin switch, but I believe that RDP is not enabled by default by the appliance. Like I said, it is severely locked down, and to enable RDP you need to log a call with Symantec to do so.

CraigV

...adding a USB memory stick/drive to the appliance? Not sure what you actually mean here. Why would you want to boot the appliance from a memory stick?

JavierTI
Level 5

Right CraigV,
I just read in the manual that is a procedure only for the brand, will do it and I'll be giving my input.

Thank you.