Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 3600 R2 Appliance SSD and Deduplication Issues

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello People,

Its been a while since i came on connect.

I am at it again with issues as listed below.

1. 80GB SSD disk does not show as RAID on the list, only the dedup RAID 5 shows.

2. Appliance Deduplication storage shows as offline after I upgraded the BE 2012 to SP4 and installed Windows updates.

See screenshots below.

What can i do please i am at a site at the moment.

Thank you guys for your usual support.

BE appliance 80GB.PNGAppliance Dedup Storage.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello All,

Thank you for trying to assist.

I logged a call to Symantec support and the issue with the appliance dedup has been resolved.

The storage was using the system logon account and did not allow the pdde account to be used as it was greyed out.

The password was reset and the appliance restarted. Logon account was hardcoded and did not allow edit.

Changed the logon acoount for the dedup storage to pdde using the bemcli. which worked.

You can mark as solution if this is helpful to someone else.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

BalaP
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Dear Nene,

Please run a self diagnoistic test from the appliance console and post the test report.

Thanks,

Bala

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi BalaP,

I have resolved the 2nd issue for the appliance-deduplication.

I disabled and re-enabled it and it is online now.

I am left with the SSD not displaying the RAID.

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Bala,

Sorry for the mix up.

I'm very sure something is wrong. Bringing it online did not resolve the problem as i initially stated.

Trying to backup did not work and restarting the services takes the dedup storage offline.

Which of the diagnostics should I run please?

lmosla
Level 6

Hi Nene, run the Symhelp diagnostic utility http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH170735

you can also view the logs by opening the Appliance console then look in Main Menu > Support >  and the Logs Browse command  

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Imosla,

I will do this tomorrow as I am off site now and had to shut down the appliance so i can't connect remotely.

I took backups of some of the critical servers to External drives connected directly to the servers and the BE appliance.

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello All,

Thank you for trying to assist.

I logged a call to Symantec support and the issue with the appliance dedup has been resolved.

The storage was using the system logon account and did not allow the pdde account to be used as it was greyed out.

The password was reset and the appliance restarted. Logon account was hardcoded and did not allow edit.

Changed the logon acoount for the dedup storage to pdde using the bemcli. which worked.

You can mark as solution if this is helpful to someone else.

TopeTaiwotp2
Level 3
Thax for the steps you have given.

BalaP
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Dear Nene,

Thanks for updating and Iam post the screen shot how to check the selftest configuration report.

Regards,

Be3600.jpg

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Bala,

Thank you for the response. I already checked this before initiating the chat on connect.

I am happy you did not forget me.

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

you are welcome Tope