Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 3600 R3 appliance upgrade to BE 15

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello All,

I'd like to reopen a thread for the BE 15 upgrade on the BE 3600 R2/R3 appliance.

Do I need to copy out the deduplication data from the appliance before the upgrade or only the data and catalogs folders?

Thank you.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

No, only Data & Catalogs...you can duplicate the dedupe folder elsewhere, but unless it's to another 3600 appliance, the data will be rehydrated. If you want yourself covered then duplicate the dedupe folder...do not copy it.

Ideally the protection for BE in terms of recovering the app itself is the Data/Catalogs folders.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As a good practice, i would recommend backing up the DeDupe folder as well in addition to the Data & Catalog folders. Helps with the DR of the Appliance itself.

BackupBjoern
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi Nene,

You do not need to copy out anything before the upgrade.

BB

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

No, only Data & Catalogs...you can duplicate the dedupe folder elsewhere, but unless it's to another 3600 appliance, the data will be rehydrated. If you want yourself covered then duplicate the dedupe folder...do not copy it.

Ideally the protection for BE in terms of recovering the app itself is the Data/Catalogs folders.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As a good practice, i would recommend backing up the DeDupe folder as well in addition to the Data & Catalog folders. Helps with the DR of the Appliance itself.

BackupBjoern
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi Nene,

You do not need to copy out anything before the upgrade.

BB