cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE Appliances and CASO: SQL access error when making managed Server

bert_geiger
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi folks,

I have two 3600 R2's , have promoted one to CAS w/o problem, but trying to make the other a MBES  (steps as outlined in Admin Guide) gives an error after entering the CAS Server: the SQL instance complains about invalid credentials for the SQL DB. I made sure the service account is the same on both appliances. Any other idea?

Bert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bert_geiger

The end customer should have logged a call by now. As there is no further reaction to this post, I will close it.

Bert

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Bert,

Check and make sure that the BESA has the rights as listed under the CASO/SSO section below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH130255#CASO-SSO

Thanks!

bert_geiger

Hi Craig et al.

the account used is a full-blown domain admin (not stripped as some companies do), so I can't imagine any one of the rights missing...

The only thing a bit unusual is that the account used for the initial setup on the MBES was not correct, so it was changed later on (in effect to have the same account on the CASO and the MBES). Maybe that's the reason...?

Regards,

Bert

CraigV

...maybe remove the MMS from the CASO and re-add it.

Thanks!

bert_geiger

the problem occurs when I want to add the MMS after entering the CASO information, so it's not there to be removed...BTW: the customer confessed that the Admin is only a OU Admin, and not top level - can that be a reason?

CraigV

It could very well be. Check the TN below on the rights required by the BESA to run properly:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH36718

Thanks!

bert_geiger

Are there no takers for this problem? If not, then I guess nobody else ever had problems making one Appliance a Managed Server of a second Appliance that is defined as CAS?.

CraigV

Well, this is the first bit of feedback since I posted the link above. There was nothing after that, hence no further help.

If that didn't help, I'd suggest logging a call with Symantec directly. Once they help you, please post back here and close it off.

Thanks!

bert_geiger

The end customer should have logged a call by now. As there is no further reaction to this post, I will close it.

Bert