cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 migration to Backup Exec 3600 Appliance

Vaibhav_Shinde
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Recently one of our customer has procured Symantec Backup Exec 3600 appliance to replace current backup exec software.
The current backup exec software version is BE 2010 which is running on Windows server 2008.
As you are aware that the policies in BE 2010 version are job wise and in 2012 it is server wise so it is very difficult and time consuming task to create policies for each server in 2012 on a appliance.

Is there any option to migrate current 2010 server's policies to BE 3600 appliance?

Your help on this would really help us to save our time and complete migration task smoothly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

The appliance is very much a locked down device. You can move BE to a new server, and you can upgrade BE on the appliance to a new version, but there seems to be no way to move BE from a server to the appliance.

You might want to look at the TN below, but you do this at your own risk:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67768

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi,

The appliance is very much a locked down device. You can move BE to a new server, and you can upgrade BE on the appliance to a new version, but there seems to be no way to move BE from a server to the appliance.

You might want to look at the TN below, but you do this at your own risk:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67768

Thanks!

Vaibhav_Shinde
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Thanks for the help.

Since Appliance is harden so I cannot do any changes.

and even if I upgrade BE software from other machine then will I get any option to move Job sets and catalogs to Appliance?

CraigV

yes the appliance is hardened, hence my stating I have found nothing that suggests BE can be moved from a media server to the appliance.

Thanks!