cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 and Share Point 2013

Jonbs
Level 4

I'm trying to make backup Share Point 2013 with Backup Exec 2014 updated as of August 14, 2015 and I can not do it without mistakes.

The users who use it for backup of all databases dbo infrastructure and farm administrator of Share Point.

share point 1.PNG

Error:

Backup- Conexiones de datos\Metadata (SPSFCI1\6ee67f3d-ddc3-4a2c-90db-1722ee7f4797)
WARNING: "Conexiones de datos\Metadata (SPSFCI1\6ee67f3d-ddc3-4a2c-90db-1722ee7f4797)\Metadata" is a...

Backup- Configuración\Metadata (SPSFCI1\beb48e33-aaf4-4044-82c5-d0c9a2795a90)
WARNING: "Configuración\Metadata (SPSFCI1\beb48e33-aaf4-4044-82c5-d0c9a2795a90)\Metadata" is a corru...

Backup- Excluir agentes de usuario\Metadata (SPSFCI1\a5f2f1ee-d9d9-4020-afea-8dd5044e69e8)
WARNING: "Excluir agentes de usuario\Metadata (SPSFCI1\a5f2f1ee-d9d9-4020-afea-8dd5044e69e8)\Metadat...

Backup- Plantillas de formulario\Metadata (SPSFCI1\28420c4f-fee4-4151-8e3e-2096e1a4b3bc)
WARNING: "Plantillas de formulario\Metadata (SPSFCI1\28420c4f-fee4-4151-8e3e-2096e1a4b3bc)\Metadata"...

Backup- Servicio de diagnósticos de Microsoft SharePoint Foundation\Metadata (SPSFCI1\fb1b2dc0-8b57-4709-8428-fff0f302e2ff)
WARNING: "Servicio de diagnósticos de Microsoft SharePoint Foundation\Metadata (SPSFCI1\fb1b2dc0-8b5...

Backup- SPUserCodeV4\Metadata (SPSFCI1\f4d879e3-e4e2-446f-8dac-667a8abf918b)
WARNING: "SPUserCodeV4\Metadata (SPSFCI1\f4d879e3-e4e2-446f-8dac-667a8abf918b)\Metadata" is a corrup...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jonbs
Level 4

I've modified all infraestrutura for the service user is the administrator backup exec all.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Check the TN below on how to troubleshoot SharePoint backups:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH37467.html

Is Advanced Open FIle Option also turned on for the job?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This is a very generic error. Enable debugging on the BE media server and all servers which comprise of the Sharepoint Farm and attach the logs over here. Thanks.

Jonbs
Level 4

I attached log, the infrastructure is composed of two front, two point batch share and always one cluster.

thank very much,

VJware
Level 6

Debugging is to be enabled on all servers of the Farm.

There would be a spswrapper log generated as well. Pls attach that too. Thanks.

Jonbs
Level 4

Deputy log of the complete infrastructure,

thank you,

VJware
Level 6

Was there no spswrapper log generated ? Ideally, these logs should be generared -

ServerName-BEngine##.log      
ServerName-BERemote##.log  
ServerName-SPSWrapper##.log
The following logs append (single log file):
ServerName-SGMon.log

Jonbs
Level 4

Deputy log of the complete infrastructure,

thank you,

VJware
Level 6

Thanks for the logs. Based on the few errors in the logs,

1) Do all the servers part of the Sharepoint Farm have the Remote Agent installed ?

2) Do all servers have the NDMP port set to 10000 ?

3) Is the Backup Exec media server able to ping by IP address and by name to all servers part of the Farm ?

4) Are Remote Connection protocols (Named Pipes and TCP/IP) enabled to the SQL instance ?

Lastly, would you pls attach the failed job log as well. Thanks.

Jonbs
Level 4

1) Do all the servers part of the Sharepoint Farm have the Remote Agent installed ?

Yes,

2) Do all servers have the NDMP port set to 10000 ?

Yes,

3) Is the Backup Exec media server able to ping by IP address and by name to all servers part of the Farm ?

i chek,

4) Are Remote Connection protocols (Named Pipes and TCP/IP) enabled to the SQL instance ?

i check,

attach jobs,

VJware
Level 6

In addition to points 3 and 4, pls also check this KB - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH172890.html

Jonbs
Level 4

We have set up two domains, one where are the SQL servers and other servers and share point where are the frontend, front 01 and front 02 currently in testing and have full communication, when put into production will use NAT to communicate.

when two domains will not have the same user account on all the infrastructure, would give a problem?

share point server     domain1\ backup
SQL Server               domain1 \ backup
frontend servers        domain2 \ backup

The backup server farm 1 affects all server?

We use a DMZ server

VJware
Level 6

In which domain is BE installed ? And which account is used by the BE logon and services ?

Jonbs
Level 4

BE service starts with a local user's own BE

CraigV

...start up the BE services with a domain account which has the necessary rights!

Jonbs
Level 4

if you install the agent with an administrator user of the machine you want to copy, you also need to backup exec services are administrators that domain ?.

CraigV

Follow the TN below and make sure your BE Service Account has the necessary priviledges:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH184449.html

Jonbs
Level 4

I've modified all infraestrutura for the service user is the administrator backup exec all.